Last modified: September 1, 2023
Schutte-Buffalo Hammermill, LLC’s (the “Company” or “we”) with respect to any information you provide them on the website, www.kannamill.com (“Website”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, or a mobile application store or website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising, applications, or services rendered on third-party websites, if those applications, advertising, or services include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, uniform resource locator, IP address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the information below.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, uniform resource locator, IP address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as payment information (including, last four digits of your credit card and its expiration date); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment and uniform resource locator you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, uniform resource locator, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and payment processors.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our third-party payment processors, this Website, and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, uniform resource locator, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may tie this personal information to other personal information about you that we collect from other sources, or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, or that may be available on the Website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To optimize ad vocabulary.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) to adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Schutte-Buffalo Hammermill, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Schutte-Buffalo Hammermill, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including, without limitation, responding to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Schutte-Buffalo Hammermill, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from the Company or Third Parties. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to opt out of third-party offers or all offers, as the case may be, to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Notice to Certain Residents
Persons in the European Union or European Economic Area
To the extent any European data protection laws apply, and we hold any of your “personal data” as defined in such laws (which may include some or all of your information as defined in this Policy), and we hold such personal data in our capacity as a data controller as defined under those laws, you may request that we:
- Restrict the way that we process and share your personal data;
- Transfer your personal data to a third party;
- Revoke your consent for processing of your personal data;
- Provide you with access to your personal data;
- Remove your personal data if no longer necessary for the purposes collected;
- Update your personal data so it is correct and not out of date; and/or
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
If you wish to object to the use and processing of your personal data or withdraw consent to this Policy, you can contact us at [email protected].
The requests above will be considered and responded to in the time-period stated by applicable law. Note, certain information may be exempt from such requests. We may require additional information from you to confirm your identity in responding to such requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities applicable to you and your situation, although we invite you to contact us with any concern as we would be happy to try and resolve it directly. Please contact us at [email protected].
As described throughout this Policy, we believe the foregoing handling of your information, which may include your personal data, furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities that are not overridden by the interest or fundamental rights and freedoms of the individuals at issue. Depending on what personal data we collect from you and how we collect it, we rely on various grounds for processing your personal data, including the following reasons:
- To administer our contractual relationship, including setting up any services you may request;
- Because it is in our legitimate interest to effectively and efficiently operate our business and provide you with the services offered through the Website and other useful content and for other marketing, design, and advertising purposes;
- To process employee data, prevent against fraud, provide technology security, and other necessary Company operational matters;
- In order to fulfill any legal obligations, we may have to collect this information from you; and/or
- Because you have provided your consent for us to do so.
Our Website is operated in the United States. Please be aware that information, including personal data, that we collect will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. We collect and transfer to the U.S. only information, including personal data: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of Schutte-Buffalo Hammermill, LLC in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. We endeavor to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal data and to use it only consistent with your relationship with us and the practices described in this Policy. We also enter into data processing agreements and model clauses with vendors whenever feasible and appropriate.
To the extent any California data privacy law applies, we will provide California residents with certain information upon request (“Data Subject Request”). This Policy outlines how California residents can receive the information and what you can receive.
If you would like to submit a Data Subject Request, please email us at [email protected]. If you choose to submit a Data Subject Request, you must provide us with enough information to identify you and enough specificity on the requested data. We will only use the information we receive for verification. We will not be able to disclose information if it cannot verify that the person making the Data Subject Request is the person about whom we collected information, or someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
If you are a California resident, you may submit a Data Subject Request to receive information about our data collection practices as it relates to your data. You may request information on the categories of personal information (as defined by California law) we have collected about you; the categories of data collection sources; any business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. If you would like to also receive information about our data disclosure for business purposes, then please include that in the Data Subject Request. We will clarify whether the information was collected and disclosed or simply collected and kept internally.
Please note that the categories of personal information and sources will not exceed what is contained in this Policy. Additionally, we are not required to retain any information about you if it is only used for a one-time transaction and would not be maintained in the ordinary course of business. We are also not required to reidentify personal information if it is not stored in that manner already, nor is it required to provide the personal information to you more than twice in a twelve-month period.
You may request that we delete your personal information. Your deletion request should be submitted through a Data Subject Request. Subject to certain exceptions set out below we will, on receipt of a verifiable Data Subject Request, delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to do the same.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive activity, and take all necessary and appropriate steps to mitigate current and future risk;
- debug and repair internal information technology as necessary;
- undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
We may not, and will not, treat you differently because of your Data Subject Request activity. As a result of your Data Subject Request activity, we may not and will not deny goods or services to you, charge different rates for goods or services, provide a different level quality of goods or services, or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal information.
In addition, if you are a California resident under the age of 18 and are a registered user, you may request us to remove content or information posted on our websites or stored on our servers by (a) submitting a request in writing to [email protected], and (b) clearly identifying the content or information you wish to have removed and providing sufficient information to allow us to locate the content or information to be removed. However, please note that we are not required to erase or otherwise eliminate content or information if (i) other state or federal laws require us or a third party to maintain the content or information; (ii) the content or information was posted, stored, or republished by another user; (iii) the content or information is anonymized so that the minor cannot be individually identified; (iv) the minor does not follow the instructions posted in this Policy on how to request removal of such content or information; and (v) the minor has received compensation or other consideration for providing the content. Further, nothing in this provision shall be construed to limit the authority of a law enforcement agency to obtain such content or information.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah Residents
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at [email protected]
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit to [email protected].
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to This Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at [email protected].